It took Blizzard almost 3 years to bring this feature back but with the release of the new PTR build it would seem we finally get custom campaigns back!
We’ve opened the PTR for testing the next version – 1.35.0 – over the holidays.
Patch 1.35.0 features Custom Campaigns, Balance updates, Map Pool Updates, Leaderboard fixes, and additional improvements.
Thank you for testing the PTR, and special thanks to all the community content creators who created new and updated old maps!
- Added ability to play Custom Campaigns.
- Players can download Custom Campaigns to play, or make their own.
- Some Custom Campaigns can be played using either Reforged or Classic art.
- Reworked front-end menu. Campaigns are now located under the “Single Player” menu.
- Custom campaigns now track the difficulty a mission was completed on.
- “Load saved game” menu can now reload custom campaign save files.
- Added informational prompt to show users where to install campaign files to.
- Added “Is Cinematic” option to the campaign editor to change campaign buttons to use the camera thumbnail instead of difficulty progression.
- Fixed campaign thumbnail in editor not displaying.
- Added campaign thumbnail preview support to Reforged.
- Added ambient sound support to Reforged.
- Added webm support to play as campaign backgrounds.
- Custom campaign list menu now auto-refreshes upon resuming game window focus.
- Added support to play custom movies under Warcraft III/Movies (file format dependant, vp9 encoded avi file + mp3 for audio under Warcraft III/Movies/Audio).
- Added friends presence support for Custom Campaigns.
- Updated default campaign backgrounds to Reforged style.
- Added user presence for Custom Campaigns.
- Tavern Revive cost increased by 5% at all levels.
- Blacksmith lumber cost reduced from 60 to 50.
- Peasant HP increased from 230 to 240.
- Control Magic moved from T2 to T3.
- Siphon mana cost increased from 10 to 20 mana.
- Siphon Mana Drain rate reduced from 15/30/45 to 15/25/40.
- Holy Light cooldown reduced from 5 to 4 seconds.
- Polymorph cost reduced from 220 mana to 200 mana.
- Mechanical Critter sight ranged increased from 350 to 500.
- Siege Engine now has heavy armor.
- Siege Engine can now attack units.
- Siege Engine base damage reduced from 44 to 22.
- Siege Engine barrage damage increased from 14 to 16.
- Mass Teleport Cooldown increased from 20 to 30 seconds.
- Mortar Team HP increased from 360 to 380.
- Siege Engine no longer decreases in unit level when getting the barrage upgrade.
- Headhunters cost increased from 140 to 160 and lumber cost increased from 20 to 30.
- Blademaster Mirror images now do 10% of the Blademaster’s base damage.
- Endurance Aura movement speed bonus reduced from 0.1/0.2/0.3 to 0.1/0.15/0.2.
- Witch Doctor Healing Wards increased from 5 to 10 HP.
- Stasis Trap activation delay reduced from 9 to 7 seconds.
- Brute Strength bonus increased from 100 to 150 HP.
- Tranquility cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Starfall cooldown reduced from 180 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Starfall mana cost reduced from 200 to 150 mana.
- Druid of the talon crow form now does piercing damage.
- Entangle duration on units reduced from 9/18/30 to 8/16/24.
- Thorn Aura increased from 0.1/0.2/0.3 to 0.15/0.30/0.45.
- Mountain Giants now start with +2 armor.
- Harden Skin damage reduction reduced from 12 to 8.
- Ultravision now requires tier 2.
- Immolation mana drain reduced from 7 to 5.
- Immolation Damage per Interval increased from 10/15/20 to 15/20/25.
- Immolation Duration reduced from 1 to 0.5 seconds.
- Anti-Magic Shield can now receive the same summon magic damage inflicted by dispel, purge, and abolish magic.
- Unholy Aura movement speed bonus reduced from 0.1/0.175/0.25 to 0.1/0.15/0.2.
- Animated Dead corpses can now be killable and have diseased cloud if researched.
- Ghoul Frenzy now adds 30HP to ghouls’ base health.
- Disease cloud reduced from 90 to 75 seconds.
- Obsidian Statue level increased from 2 to 3.
- Wand of Illusion reduced from 3 to 2 charges.
- Wand of Mana increases mana steal from 50 to 75.
- Circlet stats reduced from +2 to all stats to 1/1/2 but players can click to toggle the item to add an additional 1 stat to any attribute.
- Legion Doom-Horn movement speed bonus reduced from 0.075 to 0.05.
- Ancient Janggo of Endurance speed bonus reduced from 0.075 to 0.05.
- In this patch, we’re updating the existing 1v1,2v2,4v4, and FFA map pools with various new maps and updates made by the community.
- Removed the character requirement for report description.
- Fixed an issue where clan ranks were visually displayed incorrectly.
- Added notification indicator when receiving a social request.
- Fixed an issue with leaderboards not updating.
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading into a map with high object counts.
- Fixed custom campaigns specific crash upon reloading into the campaign map.
- Fixed disc space error when trying to start a custom campaign mission.
- Fixed variable difficulty flag not being respected on custom campaigns.
- Added rich/color formatted text support to custom campaign menus.
- Player Profile: Viewing another player’s profile would occasionally display that they are a member of your clan even if they are not.
- Prevented loading of custom campaigns named the same as official campaigns to prevent save stomping.
- Fixed an issue where players where the client would freeze changing zones in the Founding of Durotar Campaign.
So is it finally finished?
With ranked play and clans already added earlier this year and custom campaigns on the horizon the game at last includes all the features from the original game, but we still not have everything that we were promised when reforged was announced.